Re: [Solved] Re: Suspend to RAM fails in Debian Wheezy 64 bits

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 20:29:11 +0200, Alberto Luaces wrote:

>> If nvidia driver is the one making noise here, you can try to it avoid
>> going to sleep and see if that can make the trick to resume flawlessly.
>>
>> "man pm-suspend" for more info and more specifically the
>> "SUSPEND_MODULES" variable.
>
> It seems it doesn't work:
>
> Unloading kernel module nvidia...FATAL: Module nvidia is in use.

Mmm... it can be a problem with a specific version of the driver or
something related to Xorg server. You can try to report it but nvidia is
closed source code, I don't know if a bug report in Debian BTS will be
tracked :-?

> Nevertheless, I think that even if the module could be unloaded, that
> would kill the X server and the session as well.

On the contrary... by unloading a conflictive kernel module before
entering into suspension you are avoiding the system to crash (some
devices does not support well suspension state). Also note that before
resuming, the unloaded module is reloaded again :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón