Re: mail server

On Jul 25, 2012, at 7:52 AM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:

> need suggestions, i know there are few populer mail servers like
> postfix, sandmail etc out there.
>
> here is some details about my office.
>
> 1. 20 users.
> 2. pop from main server
> 3. send via SMTP
> 4. local mail distribution IMAP
>
> i am not looking in to easy or hard mail server. what i am looking is
> it should be good for my carrier and  for my office too.
> secure, stable, web base console etc.
>
> btw, i have heard that there is a mailserver called zimbra. but i
> think debian is not natively supporting it.
>
> any help would be appreciable.
>

> Thanks,

For a simple feature rich mail server check out citadel.
There are packages in Debian.  I will easily meet all your needs.

It is lighter weight compared to Zimbra with many of the same features.
I'm able to run Citadel on a very modest VPS (384MB RAM) along with
several hosted websites/email domains.

Good Luck,

Eric