Re: [Solved] Re: Suspend to RAM fails in Debian Wheezy 64 bits

> > If nvidia driver is the one making noise here, you can try to it avoid
> > going to sleep and see if that can make the trick to resume flawlessly.
> >
> > "man pm-suspend" for more info and more specifically the
> > "SUSPEND_MODULES" variable.
>
> It seems it doesn't work:
>
> Unloading kernel module nvidia...FATAL: Module nvidia is in use.
>
> Nevertheless, I think that even if the module could be unloaded, that
> would kill the X server and the session as well.

AFAIK it would. That's why some years ago, when debian was still a
pimply-faced teenager, one had to kill X, falling back to a TTY to be
able to install nvidia's .run bash-o-binaric blob.

> Seems it could be addressed in the 304.22-1 version from experimental:
>
> - Fixed a bug that could cause G8x, G9x, and GT2xx GPUs to display a
>  black screen or corruption after waking up from suspend.  (Closes:
>  #679577)
>
> It's working fine so far.
Thanks, let's hope it will smoothly make it's way to Wheezy :)

Cheers