Re: replying to a thread on the list that is not in my inbox?

Nick Lidakis wrote:
> Celejar wrote:
> > Nick Lidakis wrote:
> > > How does one reply to a thread on this list if I accidentally erased the
> > > threads or the thread was never in your inbox to begin with? I want to reply
> > > to this: http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2012/07/msg01613.html
> >
> > Just click on the link under "Reply" - it's a mailto: url that will
> > pass your MUA the proper headers.
>
> Thanks. It will bring up Icedove. How do I get that header info to Mutt?

I think most people would simply send an email with the same subject
and break the thread.  But I am glad that yoiu are not most people.

If you look at the links on that page you will see this:

By looking at that you can see what you need to do to construct a
correct reply that includes the headers to thread the message.