Re: Re: linux cash register software, i.e, a simple point of sale?

Andrei POPESCU wrote:

>My brother tested several POS programs for his restaurant, but found
>nothing that matched his needs (he needed a software that could do
>recipes as well), but in his opinion LemonPOS was quite good.

>Unfortunately there is no Debian package :( (but there is an Ubuntu >PPA package that worked on squeeze).

I found this interesting piece of software called DHPOS:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DHPOS

It's for DOS and written in QuickBasic. Closed source and no price look up "buttons" for infrared touch screens. Though, it has a ton of features for small and medium businesses. It works under dosemu when I played with it today.

I can't believe something like this has not been written for Linux. A simple ASCII/ncurses cash register that is GPL. Ugh.