Re: Alternatives for Statgraphics

On Tue, 2012-07-24 at 08:43 +0200, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> A friend ask me whether I do know an (FLOSS) alternative to
> Statgraphics. Unfortunately I don't know this program neither available
> FLOSS possibilities out there. Anyone of you might having an idea? I I
> understand him correctly, its mostly used for planning test parameters
> on experiments and finding correlations between them.
>
> Cheers,
> Frank

I think this will do what you need:

http://www.sagemath.org/

sage runs R as a subset of its functions & can do almost any variety of
math required. Its under heavy development but has stable versions. No
debian specific versions but some binaries are avilable, I using a
roll-my-own version compiled on Debian stable 64 bit. I have also
installed binaries for Ubuntu & they worked well. Sage has very few
dependencies as most of it is compiled into a very large almost
monolithic system, all of the subsets (R, Maxima, many more) apps are in
fact hacked to work within the sage system
Best wishes!!
frosty