Re: Icedove says that everything sent from @google.com email address is scam.

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 20:44:46 +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:

> Icedove always shows warning "This message might be scam" when the
> sender is using @google.com address.

You really meant "scam" and not spam", right? I ask because they are two
different things treated differently from Icedove.

> Is this intended behaviour, does anyone else see this too and should I
> report a bug?

(...)

I don't think that's intended at all (btw, it does not happen here with
TB 14) but how did you determine the problem? I mean, all of these apply?

- You tested with messages that really came from Google servers.
- Those messages were not scam at all but legitime (i.e., no suspicious
content nor embbeded html code).
- E-mails coming from different senders remain unaffected
- You opened a message locally (file → open...) and it is still being
detected as scam.

Also, take a look into this article to understand how this functionality
works:

https://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/thunderbirds-scam-detection

OTOH, I find TB's ratio of false possitives for "scam" to be very low.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón