Re: What does this mean?

On 20120724_022817, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 10:21:34PM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes. At boot prompt read help screens. :)
> >
> > Using the disk I downloaded yesterday and got burnt today, there is a
> > fancy KDE gui, but no help screens about such trivia as getting it
>
> Did you not see this:
> http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/knoppix701-bootscreen.png

In the bottom left hand corner there is "boot:". The rest is art work,
not information. The Knoppix 'cheat sheets' give syntatically valid
cheats, but little or no explanation of what kind of misbehavior would
indicate the use of a particular cheat.  I find myself with a
misbehaving computer. I can't simply accept whatever happens as being
right and proper behavior. I'm looking for some idea of the sequence
of events that should happen on a fully functional computer so that I
can catch when things start to go bad.

I've started using Knoppix on a different computer that is in working
condition and discovering some of the answers to my questions. It is
slow work, but 'educational'. I think I'll be at this for a while.

Peace.
--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net