Re: Optimal Storage Server

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:05:45 -0400, Shaffin Bhanji wrote:

> I am thinking of the Norco 16/20 hotswap and a 2x operton QC CPU m/b but
> wasnt sure what a solid performing m/b would be that will work well with
> the LSI? Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks my hands are now itching for this project to be completed :-)

A: Because it messes up the way you read
Q: Why is top-posting bad?
A: Writing your answer before the question
Q: What is top-posting?

http://wiki.debian.org/FAQsFromDebianUser#What_is_top-
posting_.28and_why_shouldn.27t_I_do_it.29.3F

;-)

I have an Asus P7P55D mobo with a i3 550 CPU and 8 GB of RAM. For me this
is plenty and the mdadm doesn't challenge the CPU or fills the RAM.

Probably Stan can tell you more but of course it depends a lot on what
you plan to do with your system.

Best regards
Ramon