Re: Debian 5 - was Re: Query abouut root account

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012, Brian wrote:

On Mon 23 Jul 2012 at 17:14:42 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 17:47:45 +0100, Brian wrote:

Neither will work as none of the mirrors used by http.debian.net has the
Lenny achive on it.

Mmm... sure? ;-)

debian.net ! debian.org

I think that should be
debian.net != debian.org (?)
:)

As sure as I can be without moving round the world and after reading
http.debian.net. But it is easy for you to test for your country. We'll
wait in anticipation for your report. :)

I had tried every mnirror listed in the available mirrors for Australia, in the options listed, and I had tried several USA mirrors listed for the USA.

None worked.

No mirror appears to work for the installation.

That is why I seek access to ISO images that I can download, to try to complete the installation from optical disk ISO images, rather than from mirrors.

As Debian 5 can not be updated from Debian 5.0.10 (the latest version of Debian 5, from what I understand, released in February 2012), if I can access Debian 5.0.10 ISO images, then that should give me the latest, and, last possible, updated version of Debian 5, and the system then would not need to worry about mirrors, and, having the /etc/apt/sources.list file just listing optical disk ISO images as sources, should be adequate.

Or, so I believe.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale