Re: Printers using free software only

Le lundi 23 juillet 2012 à 12:47 +0200, Registros Web a écrit :
> Hi all,

Hi
> Im about to buy a printer and want to make sure I get one that uses
> 100% free software, no blobs or proprietary drivers, so I can get on
> using it even if the manufacturer decides to cease support of the
> printer.
A word about that: blobs are usually not modified in printers (which are
relatively simple devices). If the manufacturer cease its support but
the blobs are still available, then are alright as long as you are
willing to execute some unknown piece of code.

> The thing is that I can't find a place where to look for such information.

There:
http://www.openprinting.org/printers/

Cheers