Re: Disabling Recommends [was: Re: is it rational to close the 139 port]

On 22/07/12 20:29, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Du, 22 iul 12, 20:15:33, Erwan David wrote:
>> On 22/07/12 20:07, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>>> Please do file bugs where appropriate.
>>>
>> In the past I was too often attacked or mocked, when doing such bug
>> reports that I stopped.
> Would you care to provide some examples?

bug 375500, but you do not have the whole discussion
Note that rephrasing it in 505662 leads to silence.

SOme other but I cannot find them back, since they are old : I now
prefer directly installing non packaged programs when I encounter such
behaviour.
And first thing I disable automatic installation of recommended packages.