Re: Optimal Storage Server

On Son, 2012-07-22 at 10:34 -0400, Shaffin Bhanji wrote:
> Hello Ramon,
>
> Thanks, and how much did the server cost you?

Please don't top post, Sam.

It cost me the case €387.94, the LSI hba CHF 281.45, the Intel SAS
expander CHF 110.25 and four new WD black 2TB drives 4x CHF 190.65. Plus
some cables and fans.

But if you multiply the price of five Netgear NV+ (which each holds four
disks) ~ CHF 300.-- each then this isn't what I'd call cheap.
And with the speed and possibilities it gives me I consider my solution
better than what I could get from a ready to use NAS.

Cheers
Ramon