Re: Why have d-community-offtopic? (Re: What does group consider to be "on topic"?)

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 19:06:48 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 11:32:14AM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> > Umm, I think so. :)  I hope you see Oracle support doesn't come under
>> > the "umbrella" of debian-user.
>>
>> No, of course; it was just an example for a question that can fit here
>> tagged with [OT].
>
> But, it **IS** ON TOPIC if they are not looking for Oracle support, so
> marking it [OT] is counter productive.

And when is that to happen? What's the line that makes the difference
between both? In the end, you are asking for support about an Oracle
product, right?

> logical conclusion:
> d-community-offtopic would be the list to post to if they wanted free
> Oracle support.

The list to post would be in that case the Oracle forum or mailing lists
but the OP already knows that and he/she is not looking for *that kind*
of support, that's why he/she tags the subject as OT here, not in debian
offtopic ML.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón