Re: [OT] Intelectual Property Law [WAS: Re: what graphic card to buy?]

On Thursday 19 July 2012 04:45:34 Celejar wrote:
> > Debian users need to understand that attempts to encumber knowledge for
> > profit are inherently wrong.
>
> I don't wholly agree here. I have a very strong preference for FLOSS,
> for many reasons, but I fully respect the rights of others to develop,
> sell, buy and use non-FLOSS. It is the right of others, individuals and
> corporations, to develop, market and sell proprietary software; it is
> my right to avoid such stuff to whatevenr extent possible.

+1

And note the "to whatever extent possible".  In this world one sometimes has
to be pragmatic.

But I fully support the rights of those who write programs for profit, and of
those who buy those programs, to do so.  I may regard them as frequently
misguided, but I would defend to the death their right to be as misguided as
they wish.

Lisi