Re: Problems of Second writing of MBR with GRUB

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 08:02:49AM +0530, L V Gandhi wrote:
> I have already installed windows xp and squeezei386 with grub in MBR.
> I would like install squeeze amd64 in other partition for multi boot.
> If I install grub in MBR while installing squeezeamd64, then how do I
> boot squeezei386 as its boot info is  not in its partition boot
> sector.
> How should I go about to boot all the three OSes.

Or change to wheezy where multi arch support is available.
http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20110726b
http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/
http://www.osnews.com/story/24991/Debian_7_Wheezy_To_Introduce_Multiarch_Support/

wheezy will be next stable in about 5 months anyway, might save trouble
later on.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X