Re: Problems of Second writing of MBR with GRUB

On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 08:02:49 +0530, L V Gandhi wrote:

> I have already installed windows xp and squeezei386 with grub in MBR. I
> would like install squeeze amd64 in other partition for multi boot. If I
> install grub in MBR while installing squeezeamd64, then how do I boot
> squeezei386 as its boot info is  not in its partition boot sector.
> How should I go about to boot all the three OSes.

I wouldn't install GRUB when you install the new 64 bits flavour because
the current GRUB will be able to boot all the systems.

And no need to worry for getting an unbootable system, if something goes
wrong you can always use a LiveCD (or SuperGrubDisk) to boot the
installed systems.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón