Re: Problems of Second writing of MBR with GRUB

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Shane Johnson
<sdj@rasmussenequipment.com> wrote:
> The os-prober program will find the different OS's on the separate
> partitions or Volumes and add them to grub.cfg when you run the update-grub
> command or the OS runs it.  I have yet to see it not find them and add
> them(it usually adds ones you don't necessarily don't want like restore
> partitions.)  Worst case scenario is you would have to add them to the grub
> config files in /etc/grub.d
>
> Shane
>
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 8:32 PM, L V Gandhi <lvglist@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have already installed windows xp and squeezei386 with grub in MBR.
>> I would like install squeeze amd64 in other partition for multi boot.
>> If I install grub in MBR while installing squeezeamd64, then how do I
>> boot squeezei386 as its boot info is  not in its partition boot
>> sector.
>> How should I go about to boot all the three OSes.
>> --
>> L V Gandhi

thanks. what I am doubting is not about finding other OSes while
installing new OS squeezeamd64, but about the squeezei386 whose grub
is now in MBR. When I install new squeezeamd64 if it over writes MBR,
then old squeeze will become unbootable..

--
L V Gandhi