Re: cron & file permissions

Hi Bob,

    OK I'll try it but have a question.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 01:28:04PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Mike McClain wrote:
> > ... and haven't seen any way to get files in /etc/cron.d/ run at
> > specific times.
>
> The format of the /etc/cron.d/ files is the same format as the
> /etc/crontab.  Whatever lines you would put into /etc/crontab you
> would simply put into a file in /etc/cron.d instead.  No difference.
<snip>

man cron says:
'In general,  the  admin  should  not  use  /etc/cron.d/,  but  use  the
standard  system  crontab /etc/crontab.'

I called it /etc/cron.d/local and from reading 'man run-parts' description
of file names think that is not going to be a problem. True?

< very clear explanation snipped >

Thanks,
Mike
--