Re: [Solved] Re: Suspend to RAM fails in Debian Wheezy 64 bits

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 18:34:35 +0200, Gaël DONVAL wrote:

>> > I'm having the same problem with nvidia drivers, but KDE4.
>>
>> I guess Nvidia is once again the one to blame … That began to happen
>> right after I upgraded to nvidia-glx 302.17-3, the 12th of July and
>> that wouldn't be the 1st time.
>>
>> Does anyone know if Nvidia drivers can generate a log file? My
>> Xorg.0.log is clean and my syslog does not say anything about Nvidia …

> Switched to Nouveau.
> There are visual glitches and the fan is always on (slowest RPM though)
> but I can stop and recover my desktop at will.

If nvidia driver is the one making noise here, you can try to it avoid
going to sleep and see if that can make the trick to resume flawlessly.

"man pm-suspend" for more info and more specifically the
"SUSPEND_MODULES" variable.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón