wireless not working correctly after upgrading kernel

a little background and what i did to have come to this situation:

- cannot get resolution more than 1024x768 with my integrated intel vga
- upgraded to kernel 3.0 from squeeze-backports
- my intel wireless 1000 N wireless interface can connect to a
wireless network but cannot even ping gateway
- i still can connect to internet with LAN interface
- tried removing kernel 3.0 and boot to 2.6 but wireless still had
problem connecting to the internet ,intranet also

laptop lenovo V470

--
Regards,

Umarzuki Mochlis