Re: Why have d-community-offtopic? (Re: What does group consider to be "on topic"?)

On Vi, 20 iul 12, 16:46:31, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 01:45:15PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> > On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 23:58:36 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > > How about suggesting the use of:
> > > instead?
> >
> > It does not apply for the case we are treating here: you post into the
> > offtopic mailing list when you know *beforehand* that you are not going
> > to ask for something related to Debian not when you are in doubt :-)
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense that if you **think it could** be off topic
> that you post to the off topic list?

Probably, but not everybody seems to think the same.

> What sort of posts would go to d-community-offtopic? How do I cook
> brocolli? How do I spell brocolli?  I genuinely interested in any
> thoughts.

Basically anything, assuming people are being nice to each other :)

As far as I'm concerned I've been on this list since 2005. In 7 years
you kind of get to know the regular posters and it's quite easy to start
discussing non-Debian stuff.

The -offtopic list is meant to be the place to move such discussion in
order not to distract from the main purpose of -user (user support).

Kind regards,
Andrei