Re: To pulse or not to pulse?

On 18/07/12 02:57, Brad Alexander wrote:

[...]

> Now, I did a little research a couple of weeks ago, and found on the
> Ubuntu wiki (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PulseAudio/) that they recommend
> installing several extra pulse-related packages. Is it worth it? Will
> it fix my problems? Or is it not worth the effort and should I just
> nuke pulse from orbit? (It's the only way to be sure...)
>
> Opinions and experiences requested and welcome.

I quite like PulseAudio. I haven't had issues with it for about 2-3
years now. I guess I was lucky and it depends on the machine and the
audio chip.

A couple a days ago I read a blog post about things to do when having
issues with audio [1]. I suggest you read those too, maybe it will give
you some ideas and maybe fixes to your problems.

[1]
http://voices.canonical.com/david.henningsson/2012/07/13/top-five-wrong-ways-to-fix-your-audio/

--
Adrian Fita