Re: Suspend to RAM fails in Debian Wheezy 64 bits

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 16:31:44 +0200, Gaël DONVAL wrote:

> Hi everyone,

Hi, but better if you don't hijack threads, even more when they are
wrongly addressed unsubscribe requests ;-)

I'm opening a new thread.

> I can't suspend to RAM anymore in my (up to date) Debian Wheezy (64
> bits).
>
> Everything was fine until last week: each time I recover from the
> suspending state, it seems that the X server fails. The screen becomes
> black with a white cursor blinking on the top left corner.

What are the logs saying? What kind of vga card/driver are you using?
What desktop environment?

> I can't write a thing, I can't switch to another TTY.

Can you still ssh to the machine and issue commands from there?

> I had to use the kernel magic keys to reboot.
>
> Does that rings a bell to someone? Should I submit a bug report?

I would do a bit more debugging first but well, if something has been
working and now starts failing it can deserve for a bug report (you can
also search if there's already any bug opened for a similar problem).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón