Re: "GNOME Help" conflicts with darklooks theme

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 14:19:21 -0400, Joshua wrote:

(please, try to reply at the bottom, thanks)

> On Wed, 2012-07-18 at 14:20 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 02:43:09 -0400, Joshua wrote:
>>
>> > When using GNOME with the darklooks theme, which is white text on
>> > black background, the GNOME help application displays its documents
>> > with black text on black background.  Even if I deselect the option
>> > 'use system fonts', the problem persists.
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> If you are using testing/sid this could be because the darlook theme
>> has not been ported to gtk3.
>>
>> If you are using squeeze this should not happen and you can open a bug
>> report for... ah, good, you already did it (#681951) ;-)

> Yep, I'm using stable.  Thanks for the advice, man.  Should I try to see
> if I can replicate the bug elsewhere?

(...)

Yes, that's a good idea. You can:

- Create a fresh-new user account, login with it and see if the problem
is still there.

- Also, as you are running a virtual machine, you can also do a different
clean install (just for testing).

Moreover, try with a different dark theme other than the one you are
using right now (you can get nice themes from http://www.gnome-look.org).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón