Re: [OT] Intelectual Property Law [WAS: Re: what graphic card to buy?]

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 23:30:57 -0400
Gary Dale <garydale@rogers.com> wrote:

> Personally I think one of the biggest appeals of Debian (and of Linux in
> general) is the commitment to freedom. IP laws and the degree to which
> hardware vendors support freedom is relevant to purchasing decisions.

I agree.

> Debian users need to understand that attempts to encumber knowledge for
> profit are inherently wrong.

I don't wholly agree here. I have a very strong preference for FLOSS,
for many reasons, but I fully respect the rights of others to develop,
sell, buy and use non-FLOSS. It is the right of others, individuals and
corporations, to develop, market and sell proprietary software; it is
my right to avoid such stuff to whatevenr extent possible.

--
Celejar <celejar@gmail.com>