Re: Small xorg?

Patrick Bartek wrote on 2012-07-06 04:00:

>> That was I was planning:  window manager only.  [...] found that xorg, plus all the stuff it loads, eats a lot of RAM -- about 100+ MB -- leaving only about 50MB out of 192 available for applications.

Hello Patrick!

Just to make sure: You did not install Recommended packages, just
Required ones, did you? I always disable Recommended packages in
aptitude and before starting the install procedure I look through the
list of Recommended and Suggested packages, just in case I find
something I really need or like.

Regards

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at  tugraz dot at>
Student of Telematics, Graz Univ. of Technology, Austria