Re: Annoying Shutdown Beep

I know it's possible because all my system sounds are disabled but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it.  Probably Googled till I found the solution.  Here I think this is where to do it on Gnome.  At least it's a start:

/etc/gdm3/greeter.gconf-defaults

# Play system beeps - especially the one when the greeter is ready
/desktop/gnome/sound/event_sounds		false