Re: multiple ftp servers

On 07/17/2012 01:41 PM, Anan Zaaa wrote:
> I have proftp installed and want to install pureftp on a different
> port for custom usage.
> But apt-get removes proftp before installing pureftp. Any idea how can
> i overcome this?

I think the idea of having 2 different ftp servers doesn't fit nicely in
the Debian design.

The proftpd and pure-ftpd servers conflict which each other because they
do the same thing.

You should be able to start multiple proftpd(pure-ftpd) servers on
different ports.
at least in theory it should be possible to create a second init script
for the daemon and give it a different config file ( with different ports )

Regards,
Alex