Re: audio capturing in debian?

On 16/07/12 04:09, Karen Lewellen wrote:

[...]

I am seeking to find one single program, as audio hijack pro is one
single program, that combines multiple recording functions...so I do not
have to hunt through many utilities.
I do know about audacity, nice to  learn there is a copy in debian.
But there are times when I wish to say at sound cloud, capture the audio
of a file I cannot download, or capture an audio stream, or capture if
the audio is embedded, or in a video when I do not want the video etc.

Hi there's a page dedicated to this on the Audacity wiki [1]:

I guess the simplest solution is to set-up pulseaudio.

Lorenzo

[1] http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/Tutorial_-_Recording_Computer_Playback_on_Linux