Re: User group in SW Missouri?

On this topic, is there someting near the Peoria Illinois area?

Sent from my HTC.

----- Reply message -----
From: "Richard Owlett" <rowlett@cloud85.net>
Date: Sat, Jul 14, 2012 9:26 am
Subject: User group in SW Missouri?
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

Camaleón wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 15:18:45 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
>
>> I live in Springfield, Missouri.
>> Only Linux users group I knew of died due to lack of interest.
>
> Googling around I've found these ones:
>
> http://www.kclug.org/
> http://www.stllinux.org/
> http://stclug.sluug.org/
> http://hzwlug.sluug.org/
>
> Maybe they can help you to contact a near LUG :-?
>
> Greetings,

I knew of groups in the St. Louis and Kansas City areas. Your note reminded me that travel time to Kansas City has been significantly reduced due to a new highway.

I was hoping that someone local read this group. Tried similar query about a year ago on a Ubuntu and nearest response was from central Kansas.

The KC group has an "installfest" scheduled in August - that might be worth an overnight trip.