Re: Debian won't install via businesscard

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 08:31:20 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> I couldn't find a solution to my problem on the web.

There's an old wise Latin saying that states "Excusatio non-petita,
accusatio manifesta" :-P

>  http://www.us.debian.org/CD/netinst/
>
> I downloaded the file debian-6.0.5-i386-businesscard.iso and burned it
> onto CD, then tried to install Debian on my pc.  Everything went fine
> until the `install the base system' step, when the following error
> message appeared:
>
>  Debootstrap Error
>  Failed to determine the codename for the release
>
> and it was impossibile to continue.

Can you jump to a terminal (alt+F4?, I never remember) to see more debug
messages (if any)?

> I also tried copying the iso file onto usb pendrive and also tried to
> install Debian onto another machine but the error occurred again and
> again.  Please help if you can.

It can be a problem with the burned image or the ISO itself, then :-?

Anyway, I recently read that Debian is thinking about dropping the
business card installation media, so consider starting to use the mini-CD
instead :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón