Re: CD image doesn't exist for download?

On 12/07/2012 6:37 PM, Alan Chandler wrote:
I was just bitten by the netinst limitations.  I had been regularly
keeping copies and then when my hardware failed and I had to install the
system on some slightly non standard hardware I found that the network
card wasn't supported.

Eventually I got hold of the CD1 .iso and had no problem.

So for simplicity I would always recommend the CD1.iso.

For things like firmware if you want the smaller netinstall CD you can use this shell script to add additonal non-free firmware:

http://people.debian.org/~dannf/add-firmware-to/add-firmware-to

I have used it to add the BNX firmware previoulsy without a hitch.