[Mystery SOLVED] Re: Iceweasel trouble, anyone else?

On Wednesday 11 July 2012 21:21:11 Rob Owens wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 07:20:45PM -0400, Eike Lantzsch wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > Debian testing, i386, KDE 4.8.4, iceweasel 13.0.1
> >
> > Lately iceweasel suddenly started to blank all text on webpages of
> > different sites. Usually restarting iceweasel helped (sort of). But now
> > even after a restart it comes up with pages mostly blank, no text and
> > even the menu text and titles on the toolbars disappear when manouvering
> > three or four clicks.
>
> This is a long shot, but...
>
> I recently had issues with iceweasel using 80% of my CPU.  I tried
> upgrading from 3.something to 10.something in the mozilla.debian.net
> repos.  That didn't fix it.
>
> I remembered that I had a kernel upgrade recently (from the backports
> repo), and I had never rebooted.  Rebooting fixed my iceweasel issue.
>
> -Rob

It had to do with system resources, but not CPU usage nor memory shortage. The
/home partition was running out of space. Remarkable is that Iceweasel and
Chromium started to act up without throwing out error messages.
Only gpodder, which was running at the same time, came up with a warning but
later than the browser problems started.

I saw programs acting strangely and unpredictably before in the case of /tmp
running out of space.

Thx to all
Kind regards,
Eike