Re: CD image doesn't exist for download?

On Jo, 12 iul 12, 00:43:31, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> It might be that even PPPoE should work for a netinst, IIRC it didn't
> work for me, but perhaps I'm confusing it with something different I
> tested.

PPPoE works fine[1], but you need the netinst, not the business-card
image.
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_install_via_PPPoE.3F
(and the following item)

> I'm using PPPoE for my ADSL modem to connect Linux to the Internet,
> it's easy to do and a very fast and good connection, but ad-hoc to an
> iPad 2 doesn't work.

You probably know that, but just to make sure: your modem most probably
already takes care of PPPoE. You only need Debian to do it if you want
to use the modem in bridge mode.

[1] the biggest ISP in Romania makes heavy use of PPPoE, since they
provide either ethernet or cable with "dumb" modems only.

Kind regards,
Andrei