Re: CD image doesn't exist for download?

On Thu, 2012-07-12 at 15:00 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 06:46:37PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > On Wed, 2012-07-11 at 17:41 +0100, Keith McKenzie wrote:
> > > Do you want to replace your Win XP, or do you want to have both (dual
> > > booting) on your computer.
> >
> > We aren't at this point ;). IMO everybody should get rid of Windows, if
> > possible, but in this case I recommend to keep XP, for emergency cases,
> > e.g. a broken Linux.
>
> AArrrggghhh!!!, :) What do think Linux rescue CD's are for?

I don't know how much knowledge the OP has got or doesn't have got. How
important a working computer is. If the OP easily can establish an
Internet connection for a live media.
Perhaps the OP needs Windows? I run XP in VBox to sync an iPad I won. It
doesn't really work, most apps can't be synced and Apple portends to
virtual machines as not working with iTunes. I don't care, I didn't pay
for the iPad. Perhaps the OP has a reason to use XP. There are trillions
of tasks Linux can't do. You and I seemingly don't need to have Windows
abilities. But what does the OP need?

- Ralf

PS: OT: What will be in the future, is it possible to use live medias
with UEFI?