Re: CD image doesn't exist for download?

On 07/11/2012 12:41 PM, Keith McKenzie wrote:

On 11 July 2012 16:36, Kirsten Milligan <kirsten@suddenlink.net <mailto:kirsten@suddenlink.net>> wrote:

    After several attempts over several years, I haven't yet had
    complete success installing Linux.  I'm hungry to learn, but am
    very poor at computerspeak, so please be gentle.

    I'm trying again.  I know, some steps would be removed from the
    process if I'd buy disks, but I'd really like to master this.
    [.....]
    Thanks very much for your attention.

Personally I recommend that you just download a (standard) CD-1 image from the Debian site as you say you are not experienced with Linux.

It will make installation easier for you, & then once that is up & running, start learning about Linux & Debian.

You will get plenty of encouragement from mailing lists & forums to help you learn your new system, but until you have a working system of your own, it will be difficult to explain things.

Another point : Do you want to replace your Win XP, or do you want to have both (dual booting) on your computer.

--
Sent from FOSS (Free Open Source Software)
Debian GNU/Linux

Maybe the OP has a problem burning the software to disk. A good free Windows program to do that is burncdcc.exe. It only burns ISOs, so you can't screw it up. Lots of sources, just Google for it.

--doug