Re: [Bulk] Re: virt-manager fails to connect to remote server

On 08/07/12 11:36 PM, Davi Garcia wrote:
Hey,

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 12:21 AM, Gary Dale<garydale@rogers.com>  wrote:
Verify that the 'libvirtd' daemon is running on the remote host.
Did you check if the 'libvirtd' daemon was running properly? You can
use command "ps aux | grep libvirt | grep -v grep". Also, there is
another bug with similar description, however it looks like a false
positive: #659956 [1].

[1] - http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=659956

[]s,

Yes, Libvirtd is running.

I actually had this running a while back on the same hardware configured as a desktop, then moved my old server's drives over to it and started running it as a server. This involved a clean install of Debian onto the boot SSD (mounted as /), with the VMs on a /home RAID array. I linked /var/lib/libvirt/images to /home/virtual and have been trying to get the connection working.

What was easy originally now seems very difficult.

The only thing that has changed on my desktop, apart the usual Wheezy updates, is I have installed qemu-kvm and librbd1 from SID to fix a problem I was having with running local VMs. The server hardware change was to give me a server that could run VMs (mainly an AMD-940 Phenom II instead of my old Athlon64).