Re: OT: need a simple CMS / website builder

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 05:05:09PM -0400, Rob Owens wrote:
> My kids want to make their own webpages.  I intend to host them on my
> own server and limit who has access to them.  I need some
> recommendations.  Wordpress?  Drupal?  This will be on a Squeeze system.

Thanks for all the advice so far.  I intend to test all the
recommendations.  But for now I'm testing wordpress and I've run into an
issue:

Apache's default document root is /var/www

Wordpress wants to put everything in /srv/www

So which location is "correct" for websites?

I know how to change Apache's document root.  I'm working on how to
change Wordpress' default root.  I suppose I could solve this by
symlinking /srv/www to /var/www, but I'd like to hear some advice before
proceeding.

Thanks everyone.

-Rob