Re: custom kernel without initrd and with udev

On 07/07/12 16:53, Stephen Powell wrote:
On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 19:08:14 -0400 (EDT), Mike McClain wrote:

Is anyone running a custom kernel without an initrd with udev?
Any tips, pointers will be appreciated.

It's getting harder and harder to get along without an initrd these
days.  Why is it so important to you not to use one?  As others
have pointed out, using a UUID or LABEL specification for the root
file system makes it impossible to get the root file system mounted
if you don't use an initrd.

I didn't know that.

It seems my kernel doesn't either, because it is working just fine with UUIDs and no initrd ;-)

I agree there are issues with labels though, which is a pity.

--
Dom