Re: Loadlin and Squeeze kernel 2.6.32

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 16:19:20 -0700, Mike McClain wrote:

>     I've used loadlin.exe for years but with my recent install of
> Squeeze loadlin reboots the computer rather than launching Debian.

I never used loadlin before so I can't be of much help here. But, just
out of curiosity, may I ask you about the reasons for still using it
today? :-?

>     The flip side of the issue is that grub2 resets the computer
> trying to launch kernels that loadlin launches with no problem.

(thinking out loud...)

I'm not about the behaviour you are getting... is that a) you boot from
loadlin and as soon as it passes the control to GRUB2 is rebooted, b) you
reach the GRUB2's menu, select the Debian entry and then it reboots, c)
none of the above, because loadlin is capable to directly boot a linux
system and thus omitting the bootloader (GRUB2, LILO, etc...) installed
or d) other? :-)

>     Can anyone point me at info other than the sources (over my head)
> to explain the problem and/or a solution?

I would try (just for testing purposes) if you can boot the system with
SuperGrub2Disk, for instance.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón