Re: Debian stable chromium does not open Facebook

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 07:38:21 -0500, John W. Foster wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-07-06 at 15:13 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 09:44:37 -0500, John W. Foster wrote:
>>
>> > Not sure what the issue is, but, I recently installed debian stable
>> > chromium and set it as the default browser. I'm using only standard
>> > settings & NO plugins. Any idea why Facebook will not open my or any
>> > pages to that browser.
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> Check if this helps:
>>
>> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=78090
>>

> Well yes that explains it, didn't fix it.

The fix should come later, when you get Chrome from Google.

> I put chromium on my system because the version of google chrome in
> debian stable has old adobe flash embedded in it as far as I can tell.
> So I was getting a lot of stoppage when I hit an upgraded flash
> application. Chromium seems to by pass that issue.

Everybody has their own arguments for going with Chromium or Chrome, but
the fact is that, regardless the chosen flavour, the latest version
available works better.

> I was just wondering if maybe there was an updated chromium available,
> that has been tested. Perhaps that is what I should have asked.

I'm unaware of the existance for such package, sorry.

Maybe you can suggest this package to be backported or if there's enough
interest coming from users, ask about the possibility of being added to a
special repository, something in line of Debian Mozilla's.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón