Re: Alternative(s) to VirtualBox

On Fri, Jul 06, 2012 at 02:20:21PM +0000, Camale?n wrote:

> You can still test with a different VB version (in a different box -
> whether possible- to avoid mixing up both installs) so you can discard a
> bug hitting a specific version of the program.

I could, but since I got kvm working and it's really fast I have much less
incentive to do so.

Problem was actually diagnosed back upthread: for some reason I was not
actually in the libvirt group, even though I ran the command? And yes, I had
logged out. Checking /etc/group showed me not in it. Adding myself a second
time lets virt-manager work perfectly.

Question for the group: should I file a bug against virt-manager suggesting
that it either add the current user to the libvirt group (preferred) or at
least *tell* the user to add him/herself? And maybe an error message in
virt-manager that states the problem correctly, instead of the current
incorrect message?
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!