Loadlin and Squeeze kernel 2.6.32

Howdy,

    I've used loadlin.exe for years but with my recent install of
Squeeze loadlin reboots the computer rather than launching Debian.

    The flip side of the issue is that grub2 resets the computer
trying to launch kernels that loadlin launches with no problem.

    Can anyone point me at info other than the sources (over my head)
to explain the problem and/or a solution?

Thanks,
Mike

PS:
Linux playground 2.6.32-5-686 #1 SMP Sun May 6 04:01:19 UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux
Squeeze is on sdb5
PIII on Intel mobo
MM
--