Re: Current SSD setup recommendations for laptop with Debian

On 7/5/2012 5:17 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Jul 2012, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>> Any "proper" sysadmin also knows that end users want and need the short
>> simple answer/solution, the one that is "good enough" to get the job
>> done, even if it's not the "optimal" solution.  They don't want to be
>> bogged down with the technical details of "optimal" if the procedures
>
> If you don't have the time or the inclination to answer something properly,
> don't answer it at all.

This statement is a bit disingenuous.  Obviously I have the time and
inclination, as demonstrated by my posts.

It simply appears we disagree on what the "proper answer" is to the OP's
original post.  I stand by my advice that the best option for the OP is
partition, format, and go, as he normally would with a rotating disk.
For his use case, this is the "proper" answer.

--
Stan