Re: Gnome 3 fallback not working with Silicon Motion GPU

On 03/07/12 18:02, Camaleón wrote:

Is the same when you login with a fresh-new created user?
In principle I don't see it as a VGA driver problem :-?

Anyway, you can check the driver in use from your /var/log/Xorg.0.log and
also when running "lspci -vv" (scroll down for the VGA card and look for
the "kernel driver in use" line).

Greetings,

I'll have a go and report back - the machine is at a museum where I volunteer so I only go at weekends.

If its not a driver problem how come now I've brought the hard disk home and put it in a machine here with a PCI Matrox card from 1996 Gnome fallback mode displays perfectly?