Re: firewall

On Wed, 2012-07-04 at 11:19 +0800, lina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know which firewall (http://wiki.debian.org/Firewalls) I should choose.
>
> Thanks ahead for recommendation, and it will be very nice if you tell
> me why you recommend this one.
>
> Best regards,

I think you don't need anything else than Iptables. You should learn
Iptables if you want to use linux as a firewall. But my suggestion is PF
on BSD. PF is a very powerful stateful firewall. I use PF on FreeBSD and
I show 1-2 million states at attack times. Also my firewall cpu and
memory usage is very low shown (I have 1 cpu and 4GB memory).

If you want to more easy solution than PF+BSD you can use pfsense.
pfsense is web based management tool for PF on FreeBSD. You must do some
settings as manual on terminal but I think pfsense is better solution
for you.
--
M.Atıf CEYLAN