Re: NFS mount points on Squeeze

Mark Panen wrote:
> I do not always have all my machines powered on and when i power up
> my main Squeeze machine, the boot sequence waits forever to mount
> the NFS mount points because machine 2 is powered down for example.

Does the client machine *need* the server in order to operate?  If so
then it *must* wait for the server to be up.  Otherwise the client
won't be able to operate properly.

If you don't want the client to wait for the server then you can use
the "bg" background option.  With that option the client will attempt
to mount the server and if the server isn't available it will retry
the mount in the background.

> I put "defaults" in my /etc/fstab in the NFS line.
> Is there a better entry to use?

Better is in the eye of the beholder.

If you want you can use the "bg" option.  See 'man nfs' for details.

  man nfs

Bob