RE: radeon+ opencl+ non-free-: HOWTO?

>  >> Somehow, I've got the impression that OpenCL is supported by some
>  >> free development tools (Clang?)  Now, I wonder, if I'm right on
>  >> that, is there some kind of HOWTO on how to utilize OpenCL via the
>  >> free AMD Radeon driver included in Debian?  (I hope it is possible,
>  >> isn't it?)
>
>  > There's a Debian wiki page altough I'm not sure if this will help to
>  > solve your questions :-)
>
>  > http://wiki.debian.org/ATIStream
>
> 	Neither am I.

There is nothing really in the wiki about OpenCL (considering the initial standard was dated back on 18 November 2008).

I looked through the NVIDIA pages as well on the Debian Wiki.

Perhaps you got your notions about using OpenCL API with opensource development tools because of articles like these?

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTA1Mzk

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTA3MjY

-M