Very slow network with certain APs -- ipv6 problem?

Since the "official" switch to IPv6 I've been having serious problems with certain wireless APs. Some are unchanged, but others are very, very sloooow for no detectable reason. Yet, the same APs are just as easily accessible as always with a Windows machine. Could there be a problem caused by not updating for the change to IPv6? Something that Windows would detect and adjust for automatically? Is there some simple way to make my Linux system use IPv4 again with only those certain APs?